On May 9th, 2017, the students in BIS 236 provided feedback on our and other groups games. We did not have a demo to demonstrate during the event but we still did receive feedback based on our earlier in-class presentation and our design documents. The following is a summary of the feedback received.
- Including a one-time a game super event (natural disaster? war?)
- Relies too heavily on randomness
Planned Changes List
- Looking into the “super event” thing, but issues may come up with the fact that a super event could effect all players the same? Where is the advantage or disadvantage for certain players?
- The comment on randomness seems like they didn’t necessarily understand the event structure, a couple reviewers didn’t realize that there were more than just two possible outcomes for making choices when posed with events in the game.
- Continue working on events
- Figure out points structure, how to keep score
- Concept is interesting and realistic x2
- Clear point of game
- Intersting and complex
- More detailed and modern version of LIFE
We will be considering this feedback and making changes as necessary. We look forward to demonstrating our game at the next feedback session.